9 AM – 9 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
6 PM – 8 PM
1380 Whitefish Stage Road, Kalispell
Free and open to the public!
Friendly consultants from the Kalispell Family History Center can provide you with free assistance with your genealogical research and family tree development. Through the Center you have free access to the following subscription websites:
- The 19th Century British Library Newspapers Digital Archive—a fully searchable database of British Library’s newspapers from 1800 to 1900.
- Access Newspaper Archives—the world’s largest online newspaper archive features billions of articles from historical newspapers around the U.S. and the world.
- Alexander Street Press, American Civil War—indexed, searchable information on over 4 million soldiers and thousands of battles, together with 15,000 photographs, letters and diaries and memoirs.
- American Ancestors—the portal of the New England Historic Genealogical Society with the largest collection of original family history research materials in America.
- Ancestry.com—the largest for-profit genealogy company in the world with thousands of collections of records from around the world, including immigration, census, voter, vital, and military records; newspapers and periodicals; family trees; photos and images; directories, maps, court records, land records, wills and financial records, stories, memories, and histories and much more.
- ArkivDigital Online—the largest private provider of Swedish Church Records and other historical records online.
- FindMyPast—a site that makes it easy to research UK ancestry and create your family tree through census, birth, marriage and death records. The 1911 British Census, a record of everyone who lived in England and Wales in 1911, is also accessed from this site.
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com)—Search millions of historical military documents and stories.
- Geneanet—the first site dedicated to genealogy in France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, and Germany with 3 billion referenced individuals and 600,000 trees online.
- Kinpoint Premium—a site designed to make it easier for you to do your family history by letting you see what to work on at a glance, quickly find missing information in your family tree, and discover insights into the lives of your ancestors.
- MyHeritage—Library Edition—Used by millions of people worldwide to help research family history, build a family tree, and add photos, historical records, and more. World Vital Records can now be accessed through this site.
- Paper Trail—provides access to 19th-century westward American migration documents.
- ProQuest Obituary Listings—use the collection to search obituaries and death notices from prominent newspapers, such as the New York Times (dating back to 1851). The collection includes both famous and lesser-known individuals and can be searched by name or by keywords appearing in the body of the article.
- Puzzilla—Find new research opportunities on descendant lines in Family Tree.